I am all for budget friendly meals and one of those is Country Fried Steak- aka Breaded Cube Steak! Our family loves having these with some mashed potatoes, some corn or green beans. You could probably do a white gravy sauce (you can use my sausage gravy and just leave out the sausage!). It really is a great, budget friendly dish!
What you need:
3-4 cube steaks (or minute steaks)
a splash of milk
pepper (I used Mountain Rose Herbs- Epicurean Rainbow Peppercorns)
1 1/2 cups flour (I used Gluten Free Pantry All Purpose Flour Mix)
1 TBS of an all purpose seasoning (I used Mountain Rose Herbs- Epicurean All Purpose blend) you may use more to your family's taste
- Heat oil in a skillet (should be at least 1 inch deep)
- Mix eggs, a splash of milk, and some crushed pepper in one bowl
- mix flour and seasoning in another bowl
- dip the cube steak in the egg and let the extra drip off, then coat generously in the flour mixture.
- cook in the skillet until golden brown on both sides (I believe this was about 5 minutes on each side)
And that is it! Really simple and really quick!